Subject: Re: [boost] library proposal : odeint
From: Karsten Ahnert (karsten.ahnert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-09 17:46:22

Hi Paul,

thanks for your comments and hints:

> For those interested in integration of ordinary differential equations this looks most promising, and the docs also look
> in good shape (with only a few typos, but some missing links to code snippets?).

The docs are still preliminary and some of work has surely to be done
(especially the reference is still missing).

> But any differential equations are a niche market and I suspect that few Boosters currently tracking the list are expert
> in this field (not me ;-).

I think that ODEs are quite basic objects in physics, mathematics, etc
with huge ranges of applications.

> I have one question - have you considered if your library will 'play nicely' with the Boost.Units library? If it will,
> the units error detection and convenience of output with units, would seem to make it much more attractive.

At the moment it is not possible to use Boost.Units. We are redesigning
the library and it might be possible to enable Boost.Units at some
point. But I suspect, that Boost.Units will not work in general with
odeint. I can go in details if you like.

Karsten