Subject: Re: [boost] library proposal : odeint
From: Karsten Ahnert (karsten.ahnert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-09 18:23:06

> I have a comment: I think that it would be very beneficial to discuss
> specific, modern applications of your odeint library on the
> documentation pages, preferably the applications for which you
> originally wrote the library.

Yes, this is a good idea. I could imagine for example a network of
oscillators where some kind of a phase transition can be observed, or
some discretizations of partial differential equations.

> I feel as Paul does that differential equations are a tool for very
> specific problems, and probably few Boosters have the opportunity to
> work on applications that use ODEs. Consequently, I think that the
> lack of immediate feedback is more due to a lack of experience with
> ODE solving rather than a feeling that ODEs are unimportant (they're
> not!).

I think you both are right. But I also believe that there is a market
for this library.

Best regards,

Karsten