Subject: Re: [boost] [fiber] with assembler
From: Oliver Kowalke (k-oli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-11 14:01:33

Am 11.07.2010 18:52, schrieb Phil Endecott:
> Have you implemented this in a way that is interchangeable with
> swapcontext ?
> For example, could I take your optimised implementations
> and use them with e.g. Boost.Coroutine ?
boost.coroutine would have to use fcontext_t and its functions instead
of ucontext_t etc.

> Also, do you have any observations on why swapcontext is slow?
It does an system call to save the sinal mask.

> On what platforms have you measured this?
Linux: x86_64 and i386

> If you need any help with ARM I may be able to assist.
That would be kind - I'm using debian/lenny versatilepb/ARM926EJ-S
(virtualized with qemu).

On arm/Linux:
Does register r9 have a special purpose or is it used as ordinary
general purpose register?
Where is the 'thread-related data' stored (thread-informations)? On
x86/Linux gs is used; x86/Windows stores a pointer to the TIB in fs.

regards,
Oliver