Subject: [boost] permission to merge for 1.44 release (boost/python)
From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-12 16:02:22

I'd like to ask permission to merge boost/python and libs/python from the
trunk into the release branch. The diffs are fairly small:

http://cci.lbl.gov/~rwgk/tmp/boost_python_release_branch_merge_2010_07_12

Most changes have been in the trunk for a while (several weeks at least).

The builtin_converters.hpp change is in the trunk for about a week. It only
affects one platform, 64-bit Windows, on which it is very well exercised,
far beyond the regular boost tests.
It changes the behavior of Boost.Python under 64-bit Windows, therefore it
seems important to me to merge the patch into the release as soon as possible;
I'm guessing the number of users on this platform is currently very small but
will increase significantly in the future.

The module_init.hpp patch is in the trunk for a few days only but also
extensively tested. It seems very unlikely to me that it could cause
problems.

Ralf