Subject: Re: [boost] New name of bjam.exe
From: Matthew Chambers (matt.chambers42_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-20 10:50:52

  On 7/20/2010 9:31 AM, Michael Fawcett wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Matt Chambers
> <matthew.chambers_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I actually like "boob", but if some object to it, to make it slightly less obvious (offensive?), it could be boobi "Boost Build Interpreter". Also bbi or bobi, or boostie (Boost Interpreted Environment?)
> And what if I forget what website I can download that build tool from?
> I'm sure as hell not going to search "boob" from work, no matter what
> I might append (e.g. "boob build" isn't any better). This goes for
> the "babe" suggestion as well.
>
> On topic, I think an earlier suggestion to just choose a word, made
> up or not, that is easy to say and not taken has a lot of merit - Jam,
> Ant, Nant, CMake, Scons, etc... Since it has history as bjam you
> could play off that, Jelly Build, Marmalade, Gelatin Build, Gelato,
> etc...
Pfft, isn't looking for a build tool a great excuse to search for "boob" at work?! :)

I googled for "boobi" with safesearch off and there are no work inappropriate results (I'm kind of surprised it didn't ask me if I meant "boob").

Beyond that, bbi, boostie or boosty would work. Making up a word is reasonable, but picking a new name that isn't solely related to "Boost Build" will either
cause the same problem (i.e. what is the difference between Boost Jelly and Boost Build?) or will require rebranding all of Boost Build to the new name. "bbi",
boostie or boosty wouldn't have that problem. Is "bbi" taken by any existing widely used tool?

-Matt