Subject: Re: [boost] [Graph] Problems customizing edge storage for adjacency_list
From: Alex Betts (alex.betts_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-21 13:37:54

> You need to have a container_category() function like the error message says; that should be in the same namespace as your container type. You will probably also need the other functions (like iterator_stability()) that are in container_traits.hpp for standard containers. I'm not sure exactly what the requirements are; I assume you saw <URL:http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/libs/graph/doc/using_adjacency_list.html> since you mentioned push() and erase() functions. It looks like that isn't quite enough as you've seen, but I'm not sure there is a complete list anywhere. Your best hope is probably <boost/pending/container_traits.hpp> and which functions are defined there for the standard containers.

Thanks Jeremiah... I did figure out that I need to define container_category(), as you say, and also define push_dispatch() and erase_dispatch() functions (overloaded with the tag type that my container_category() returns) instead of defining push() and erase(). So it's working for me now... thanks!

-- Alex