Subject: Re: [boost] New name of bjam.exe
From: Maurizio Vitale (maurizio.vitale_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-22 09:22:04

    Steven> AMDG
    Steven> Maurizio Vitale wrote:
>> what about fiat (as in 'lux fiat', latin for (in the beginning)
>> light was made"). Interestingly, in latin is also an imperative,
>> so you can say "fiat lux" as in "make light".

    Steven> Actually, fiat is present subjunctive. "light was made" would be
    Steven> lux factus est.

for that matter it would be 'lux facta est'.
and fiat is very imperative although the same is also the third person
present subjunctive. But I agree it is not a past participle and for
this mistake I've already imposed upon me the appropriate penance.

>> seem short and probably not taken for build systems.

    Steven> Again, I don't see the point of changing to a random name.

I thought the OP asked exactly for a new name and I suggested one.
I don't see any particular problem in BLOB being the command you run for
building stuff in the Boost.Build infrastructure, for any value of BLOB.
I don't personally use bjam when using boost and really i couldn't care
less how it is named or renamed.