Subject: Re: [boost] New name of bjam.exe
From: Matthew Chambers (matt.chambers42_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-22 14:17:01

  On 7/22/2010 12:55 PM, Bo Persson wrote:
> Paul A. Bristow wrote:
>> I think we should immediately remove both boob, baby and babe from
>> the list.
>>
>> Google searches will be too revealing ;-)
>>
>> Paul
> And how good is B2 ?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-2_Spirit
>

> or BBL?
>
> http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/BBL
>
> Be Back Later sounds bad for a fast(?) build system
>

> and if we want to avoid religious connection, how good is BBT?
>
> Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
>
> http://www.krishna.se/
Baby is fine from a work safety perspective but perhaps not from a distinctive keyword perspective. I admit that boob and babe are bad candidates. As I
mentioned before though, boobi does not have the same pitfalls as boob (at least with Google, not sure about other engines). I admit that there are other
candidate names that look and sound more professional than "boobi" though. :)

Bo, are you being facetious? If not... we don't need to bother about our build system command overlapping with an unrelated acronym in a non-overlapping domain.
Trademarks deal with the same problem. A business named "Patriot Dry Cleaners" does not infringe on Patriot Software's IP (and vice versa).