Subject: Re: [boost] [1.44] Beta progress?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-24 02:30:03

Matthias Troyer wrote:
> On 23 Jul 2010, at 18:11, Robert Ramey wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>> Robert Ramey

> Let me summarize concisely: no user-defined archive type may use any
> of the serialize function, pointer handling, or any other aspect of
> the serialization library since all those are implementation details
> that you might change at any time.

Naturally I think that's a little harsh. I have strived over
years to minimize situations such as this and feel I've been
pretty successful at it - Especially considering the breadth and
complexity of library. Not to mention the difficulty of a
library which depends upon behavior undefined by the C++
standard which varies from compiler to compiler, not to
mention that the it's the only library which has to consider
the whole past history of all it's predecessors, and not to mention
that it's being applied to an ever expanding area (e.g.
dynamically loaded/unloaded DLLS). I'm sorry my efforts
haven't been to your satisfaction.

> I think that concludes the discussion and I will stop maintaining
> Boost.MPI

and I'm sorry to hear that.

Robert Ramey