Subject: Re: [boost] Question about boost license
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-26 15:40:22

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Marc Elias <melias77_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello,
> Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Marc and I would like to use the boost libraries to perform some work on a software with commercial profit.
> I have some questions about Boost License Policy I would like to know. As I can read in your webpage, most of the Boost libraries are under a single license that allows me to use the libraries for commercial purposes following the instructions you provide in the webpage.
> You also inform in the webpage that some libraries are under their own licenses. I would like to know, if it's possible, which libraries are under particular licenses and which are these specific licenses.
> Is it possible to have this information?

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

I am pretty certain that any library that is in the main Boost
distribution have to be under the Boost license, however, libraries
that are being submitted might be under others at the time, but I am
pretty sure that they have to go under the Boost license before they
can even be reviewed. Anyone else have better information?