Subject: Re: [boost] [proto] Phoenix3 port to proto complete
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-27 09:14:24

On 7/27/2010 6:31 AM, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Status update:
> 21 out of 25 Boost.Bind tests pass!
>
> 4 of the unit tests do not pass, because boost::result_of does not support
> functions with stdcall or fastcall attributes.

IIRC, in Bind stdcall/fastcall support is conditional. I bet if you
patched result_of to have such conditional support for those calling
conventions and submitted a patch, it would be gladly accepted.

> 2 other tests (bind_cv_test.cpp and bind_stateful_test.cpp) are currently
> implemented a little hacky, because as of this writing phoenix::bind only
> cares for const operator() overloads.

Right, you can overload operator() on const, so it matters for return
type computation.

> 2 other tests (bind_eq_test.cpp and bind_function_test.cpp) are only working
> because i left out some stuff which isn't implemented yet.
> bind_placeholder_test.cpp is not working as expected, because phoenix3 has
> no support for real costum placeholders (as in the purpose of this test).

I hope phoenix supports this eventually.

Thanks!

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing