Subject: Re: [boost] [1.44] Beta progress?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-27 15:58:19

David Abrahams wrote:
> At Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:19:53 -0800,
> Robert Ramey wrote:

>> First of all - these are serializable types by virtue of
>> the fact that they are convertible to integers and references
>> to integers.
>
> If you are claiming that convertibility to integers and references to
> integers is enough to satisfy your Serializable concept, I can almost
> **guarantee** you that the concept is ill-defined, and that using the
> Boost Concept Check Library properly would prove it.

Hmm - that is in fact my claim. In fact I believe that any
type implicitly convertible to a c++ primitive type (type and reference)
is a serializable type. An archive class is required to
be able to serialize all serializable types - so any archive
class has to be able to serialize all c++ primitives.

So what am I missing here.

BTW - I just checked the documentation and althoutgh the above
is what I meant - it doesn't quite say this. I can easily fix that.

Robert Ramey