Subject: [boost] [serialization] patching 1.43 for the version numbering issue
From: Ryan Gallagher (ryan.gallagher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-27 17:55:02

Hi Robert,

As we were discussing the other day, I'd like to just patch my 1.43
release to fix the serialization library versioning issue so that
my archives created with it won't need to have the utility run on
them for 1.44+ to understand them. I just want to verify with you
that changing the version number in serialization/src/basic_archive.cpp
is all that's needed.

In your recent trunk change you increased the version for 1.44 to '8':

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/64157

However, the 1.43 source seems to have version '7' already. I must
be missing something as I don't see how binary archived were using
library version '6' for 1.42/43.

Thanks,

-Ryan