Subject: Re: [boost] [1.44] Beta progress?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-28 16:00:52

Matthias Troyer wrote:

> On 28 Jul 2010, at 11:50, Robert Ramey wrote:
> All you need to do is document what a class deriving from common
> archive has to implement. These are

> - the save/load function for
> - a well-defined set of primitive types with a well-defined interfaced

OK - that's not too bad. I'll find a place to put it into the
documentation.
There's around 10 of them and they're all convertable to some
type of C++ integer so it shouldn't be too hard.

My list of requirements on these is
convertible to some type of c++ integer
having serialization trait "primitive"

Do you want to add default constructble as well? As I said
I haven't needed it and think that needing this is likely an
error - but I would add it if you think it's necessary.

> - and save_binary/load_binary.
I think this is already specified by the archive concept.

>> But he also got
>> surprised when I changed class_id_type from unsigned
>> int to least_16_t which surprised me since I thought
>> the latter was just a typedef and not a true class.

>Actually not. The breaking was caused by another change you did at the same
>time.

Would adding the above information address this as well?

Robert Ramey