Subject: Re: [boost] [chrono] Compatibility issues with 1.44
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-04 10:29:05

On 08/03/2010 01:17 PM, Roland Bock wrote:
> Hi Vicente,
>
> do you have an estimate for an update of Boost.Chrono which is
> compatible with the upcoming 1.44 version of boost?
>
> I just tried the daily snapshot provided by Beman with the current
> Chrono zip:
>
> * Compilation of Boost.Chrono fails
> * Boost.Chrono zip contains changes for parts of Boost.Thread
> Are these still needed/compatible?
>
> Also (not related to 1.44, but also 1.41, at least), there are many
> warnings issued by the compiler. It seems to me that they are somehow
> related to the constructors of duration, but I haven't been able to
> figure them out. These also occur when compiling client code.
>
> A log file is attached. Generated on Ubuntu-10.4, 64bit, gcc-4.4.3
>

> Regards,
>
> Roland

I was able to get rid of the errors and the warnings (see attached
patches). In my eyes, the warnings show a compiler error, but anyway,
they can be removed by using boost::mpl.

With the patches applied, Chrono now compiles without warnings on my system.

I am still not sure whether or not I can safely use the files from the
chrono.zip which belong to other libraries, especially Boost.Thread.

Regards,

Roland