Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Support for variadic macros
From: Wolf Lammen (ookami1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-06 04:40:34

> Welcome to the world of "Unfortunately it does not meet the triage bar
> for the current release of Visual C++". It's the standard reply in my
> own experience. No wonder Boost does not worry about using variadic
> macros yet.

Or learn here

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/385034/preprocessor-bug-two-tokens-may-be-joined-into-a-single-token

"Hi: Unfortunately this is the way the Visual C++ preprocessor works and we are unlikely to change it anytime soon."

about how Microsoft is determined to keep their VC preprocessor well out of the way of any standard.

[The bug misses the then 18-years old C90 standard]

Cheers

Wolf