Subject: Re: [boost] [bcp] Bcp namespace rename on 1.44 release beta 1causes runtime errors on range lib and build tool
From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-08 00:06:22

From: "John Maddock" <boost.regex_at_[hidden]>
>> After bootstrap building bjam from the distribution, I built bcp and then
>> attempted to extract all of Boost (libs and tools) with namespace rename
>> and alias (this time using "." to extract everything).
>>
>> I'm getting runtime errors from bcp:
>>
>> **** exception(200): Invalid parameter detected by C runtime library
>
> Which compiler? Works OK for me here with VC9 and building in release
> mode (note the debug builds can sometimes stack overflow - but fixing that
> requires a much more complex re-write than we can do for this release).

Sorry - I should have included compiler info. This was with VS2005 (VC8). I
will also be testing with g++ 4.1.2, but haven't had a chance yet.

Actually, if it works with g++, or I successfully perform the extract /
namespace rename with VC9, that's satisfactory for my work project needs
(with 1.44 final release, of course). But it's probably worthwhile tracking
down my failures, for other potential users, and general robustness.

Do you want to perform some deeper analysis of the problem?

Cliff