Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Newbie Start point
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-11 05:19:31

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Dev Null <devnullfin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am new to Boost library. I would like to contribute to the Boost library.
>
> Could you please guide me to start understanding the Boost library and
> entire directory tree?

For a while don't worry about contributing. Download, build and use for
a while, and just think about it as a black box, or even as magic!

After a while you will surely find your curiosity aroused as to how some
things
are done, which leads naturally to reading a few header files.

Then, and this may be a quite a while away, have a look some of the trac
defects, and see if they make any sense!

There's no rush - Boost is huge, often complex, and frequently subtle, it
takes a while.

HTH

- Rob.