Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Boost.Process done
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-15 11:23:42

On 08/15/2010 02:03 PM, Boris Schaeling wrote:
> Here are the results of the Boost.Process project within this year's
> Google Summer of Code program: We have a complete library to manage
> system processes now!

Just looked briefly over the documentation. Very nice indeed! Using asio
for communication with the child process sounds interesting. I pretty
sure that Boost.Process will be used in our next maintenance phase once
it is part of Boost. Until then, our home-grown stuff will have to
remain in place...

Can you give me a hint what the problem was with multi-threading in
previous versions?

Regards,

Roland