Subject: Re: [boost] [website] SSL certificate
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-16 08:33:04

On 8/16/2010 12:54 AM, David Abrahams wrote:
> At Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:55:17 -0700,
> admin_at_[hidden] wrote:
>>
>> I recently switched from Firefox to Chromium, and I've been having issues
>> accessing [1]https://svn.boost.org. It seems that the SSL certificate used
>> for [2]svn.boost.org is ... not issued by one
>> of the major SSL certificate providers (e.g. VeriSign, GoDaddy)

> If we still don't have a valid cert, we should cert-ainly (sorry)
> consider taking Bryce up on his offer. Bryce, is this a wildcard
> cert? If not, how can it work for our subdomains?

Just because a cert is not signed by a built-in CA doesn't make it
invalid. Having either self signed certs or locally signed certs is a
common occurrence (I do it for most of my own HTTPS/SSH sites). So I
don't see a real reason to start paying a major CA for them to sign a cert.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything