Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Boost.Process done
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-17 15:09:17

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:21:47 +0200, Ilya Sokolov <ilyasokol_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Boris Schaeling wrote:
>> * The code to start child processes on POSIX platforms has been
>> carefully adapted to support multi-threaded applications
>
> You still have a bug here. std::string::c_str()
> (at boost/process/operations.hpp:221) is not async-signal-safe.

Thanks, fixed! By the way, I'd appreciate if you could have a look at the
overall design. I'm not sure if you lost interested in Boost.Process or
you were simply busy elsewhere in 2008. Any comments from developers who
played around with process management a bit more definitely help of course!

Boris