Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Boost.Process done
From: Alexander Lamaison (awl03_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-19 11:40:53

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:18:56 -0700, Daniel Trebbien wrote:
> wouldn't there be a problem trying to execute a module on
> Windows that has a non-Latin character in it?

Yes. Boost.Process uses CreateProcessA so would fail to run any executable
whose name or path contains a character not present in the user's current
ANSI codepage. This means a Russian user could execute a Russian exe but a
Russian user could not execute, say, an Arabic one. A British user could
execute neither.

>>> * Integration with Boost Filesystem
>>
>> Where would you like to see support? Passing a path object to
> create_child() for example?
>
> For some reason it looked strange to me that the
> find_executable_in_pathfunction returned a string rather than a Boost
> Filesystem
> path object. It's not that big of a deal, though, because I could construct
> a path from a string if I really wanted.

Ideally I would also love to see Boost paths used wherever a string is
really a path but I can understand if the reason for not doing this is to
avoid a dependecy on Boost.Path.

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)