Subject: [boost] Re : [local_function] any interest in a LocalFunction library?
From: Pierre Morcello (pmorcell-cppfrance_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-23 07:48:39

Lorenzo Caminiti wrote : > > Is there interest in a library that implement local > functions for C++? > One year ago, I made a proposition for a boost.breakable. Some people were interested in the library, if I could widen it a little. David Abraham & Vicente Botet expressed interest in a macro local function that would work like scope exist. So I wrote a first implementation. But I have not posted back on this subject, because I was unsure about the macro interface, since a few variations on its interface (ex: passing this or not) could be done. Here I send 2 little examples of my tests. The 'V3' is almost the same as the one you posted. The 'V4' is a try wich uses only 1 macro call. Unfortunately, these 2 use currently __VA_ARGS__, and were only tested on visual 2008. But yes, there is an interest in a local function. Best, Pierre Morcello