Subject: Re: [boost] [msm] Async transition
From: Klaim (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-26 14:43:13

Thanks for your answer.

It was in fact a question from my employer that asked if msm allows to
do the same as the last example of the statechart doc :
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_44_0/libs/statechart/doc/tutorial.html
(at the end of the page).

It's not a requirement, just a technical question because from my
understanding of UML, state regions should be managed separately and I
thought maybe they were threaded in some way. We wanted to be sure of
the whole behaviour before starting testing it.

Anyway I see that I should treat the state machine like a STL
component in regards to thread-safety and asynchronous event
management. As it's not a requirement, it's not a problem for me but I
was asking myself if there would be an interest in having the event
processing being thread-safe, allowing multiple threads to send
events? Maybe like haveing a msm2 like signals2?
I'm not experienced enough to see if it would be a good idea and I
don't need it so it's just a theorical question.