Subject: Re: [boost] Towards a Warning free code policy proposal
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-29 04:58:05

important.

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Guidelines/WarningsGuidelines

tells you quite a lot about warnings, including gcc and MSVC
(It's a bit thin on other compilers - more info please).

> I can see why this issue would be brought up -- boost warnings are
intimidating
> to users. But (IMHO), removing warnings will make users not knowledgeable
in
> Boost (such as myself) to becoming more sloppy.
> Instead of that, maybe keeping the warnings but having documentation
> specifically explaining how they can be suppressed might be a bit better
than
> having them off by default for users.

I'd like to see Boost getting rid of warnings that come from its code, so
that all warnings are relevant to the user.

The above, and references therein, (written for Boost developers) may still
be useful to users.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,