Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Boost.Process done
From: Gevorg Voskanyan (v_gevorg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-30 02:41:13

Boris Schaeling wrote:

> Thank you very much for running the test cases! Looking at the values
><target-os> can be set to I wonder which other plaforms need -pthread:
>
> aix, bsd, cygwin, darwin, freebsd, hpux, iphone, linux, netbsd, openbsd, osf,
>qnx, qnxnto, sgi, solaris, unix, unixware, windows
>
> So far it's Linux and FreeBSD. Or does unix mean it's set for all Unix-like
>platforms?

Apparently not - having <target-os>unix:<linkflags>-pthread gives the same
'undefined reference' error, so I guess it is for the commercial Unix OS. But
then using <target-os>bsd doesn't work either, so I wonder what <target-os>bsd
is for. Is there still any original BSD OS out there in use? I'm cross-posting
this to Boost.Build mailing list hoping some Boost.Build guru could clarify
this...

Thanks,
Gevorg