Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] MS-LCID's table from MSDN site and Copyrights
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-03 02:15:09

> > P.S.: I can create a workaround based on iterating over all installed
> > LCID's in runtime and querying their ISO-639 and ISO-3199 codes
> > using GetLocaleInfo first time I need to use such table, but
> > integrating static table would be much simpler and faster
> > solution.
>
> I would favor this approach (querying at run time for the table),
> since it avoids maintenance concerns. I know this table won't change often,
> but surely in the next ten years we can expect a few new countries to show up
>and old ones to go away.

Several points:

1. Most of assigned LCIDs are not even supported

2. MS recommends to to use Locale names over LCIDs in Windows Vista and above
   so, actually LCID required for 2000 and XP or software compatible
   with them.

   (Actually I don't use Vista/7 API as I don't have Vista available, only XP
   in VirtualBox, but at some point Vista would be implemented)

3. I can get country and language code but not the script like (Latin, Cyrillic)
   for LCID (at least I hadn't found anything like that in GetLocaleInfo)

   So I don't know yet how to solve the ambiguity between such LCIDs

Artyom