Subject: Re: [boost] [itl] status?
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-03 05:06:43

Hi all,

2010/9/2 John Reid <j.reid_at_[hidden]>:
> Jeff Flinn wrote:
>>
>> What is the current status of the interval template library? Where can I
>> get the latest version?
>
> It passed review didn't it? I haven't heard anything about it since then. I
> for one would like to see it in the next release of boost.

I am working on the library in order to implement the requests and
conditionals from the review. By now I have accomplished the desired
improvements on intervals: We can now use intervals with static
bounds, that use less memory, or we can use intervals with dynamic
bounds that can be manipulated at runtime. Also the user can adapt her
own interval type to the itl's interval concept by partially
implementing a small trait class, similar to the design of
boost::polygon.

Currently I am refactoring the design of interval containers,
extracting algorithms and making the interval container classes more
minimal. I am also renaming some functions in order to adapt to
standards (e.g. OGC).

I am trying to keep a correct and functional version of the itl at the sandbox

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/itl

But it is a developer version of course with some new features that
are not always consistent with the current documentation. The latest
version of the library that is fully consistent with the current
documentation is the review version available at:

Boost vault:
http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=itl_3_2_0.zip&directory=Containers

or Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/itl/

I am planning to complete the last conditionals and improvements
within a few weeks, so Interval Containers could be available with the
next release (1.45.0).

Cheers,
Joachim