Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts for a GUI (Primitives) Library
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-06 22:10:55

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Yakov Galka <ybungalobill_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Both Notus and Adam&Eve sounds promising in the last aspect. However
> Adam&Eve aim to simplify dialog development only, they're not a general gui
> framework, right?

Eve is a layout solution. It can be used in dialogs or in the main
window UI or whatever. But no, it is not a framework, or a event
handler or ...

Adam is a model language. It is fairly targeted at solving the "bring
up a dialog to get a bunch of info, which turn into params to pass to
a function to do something". I do believe that it could evolve into a
more generic description of the model of the entire UI of a program.
Or separate scripts for each part of the UI, more likely. Again, not
a gui framework.

Tony