Subject: [boost] Status of FSM viewer
From: Michal Sojka (sojkam1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-08 06:57:14

Dear Andreas and others,

we are looking for a solution to visualize FSMs in our robotic
applications. Before starting the development of our own tool I'd like
to ask whether there exists something able to visualize
Boost.Statecharts FSMs. I was only able to find the following GSOC
project:

  http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Google_Summer_Of_Code_2006#StatechartViewer
  http://www.boost.org/community/gsoc_2006_boost_overview.html#accepted_projects

and its result:

  http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2006/fsm-viewer/trunk/src/

but in my quick tests it produced only empty figures. I believe that
after some debugging I could make it work.

My question is whether the development of this tool continues or whether
there are some other tools. In case of negative answers, do you have any
suggestions for the development of the new tool? Currently, we consider
the development of a GCC plugin which will generate dot (graphviz)
source.

Best regards,
Michal Sojka