Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess][trunk][windows] named_mutex doesn't work whithin a DLL
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-09 12:32:08

Hi Joaquin,

I've been working on a boost::flyweights::intermodule_holder_class-like
intermodule_singleton class. It's in early design state. This class is
doing some lazy variable and shared memory initialization, so maybe it
can be useful to implement intermodule_holder. It's in trunk, in
boost/interprocess/detail/intermodule_singleton.hpp. It's not optimized
for windows (it uses file locks and kernel lifetime shared memory,
emulating a unix process, it would be much more lightweight using native
windows process-lifetime resources) but I think you should try it. I've
not tested in DLL-s.

You have a test (intermodule_singleton.cpp) in boost/interprocess/test
that shows some use cases.

Best,

Ion