Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] Preview of 3rd version
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-11 15:10:23

> Why does this not use Boost.Build? I'd expect that a library that's
> submitted for review would be buildable using the current Boost build
> system.

To be honest at the point I submitted the first version
for review BBv2 was totally incapable of doing something useful
like finding a library or header in a way normal BBv2 user can
do this without rewriting entry BBv2 system.

Now the library became even "more complicated": it requires
additional library iconv, that may be part of libc or may be
external library... such checks AFAIK are far beyond abilities
of basic BBv2 user to implement (not mentioning total lack
of basic documentation)

Now Vladimir works on next version and improves it, so hopefully
when it gets to inclusion to Boost, boost build files will be ready,
meanwhile, just use CMake... as if I was waiting for BBv2 being
ready I would not submit this library at all.

Finally I asked on Boost-Build list for somebody volunteer and help
me with BB scripts.

See: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.build/23089

So I hope somebody would help me or BB would be ready to normal
user who thinks that documentation and basic checks existing
in all build systems are probably useful thing to have.

> I do not see this addressed in either the documentation nor
> in the KNOWN_ISSUES file.

I mentioned this in the tutorial in build instructions.

Artyom