Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.SQL?
From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-14 11:20:57

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Roland Bock <rbock_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I would have assumed one year minimum before it comes even close. And I am
> pretty sure I could not cover all aspects all on my own (e.g. OS, DBS, compiler).

You sound motivated, and from your other answers farther along that
you initially let out. Given that it's a subject of interest to me,
I'd gladly have a closer look once it's available somewhere. As far as
back-ends, I have experience with SQLite and Oracle OCI.

Talking about Oracle too, what about "Object-Relational" support? This
support is mandatory I believe to get into XMLType and all the Oracle
Spatial "datatypes". In my experience, you can't wrap / automate
everything, and you need to leave the door open for raw access to the
underlying API to communicate directly with the back-end "natively".
My $0.02. --DD