Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] Link errors on Linux/MacOS with v3
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-21 08:51:41

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 8:34 PM, cheesy4poofs <cheesy4poofs_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've gone thru the exercise of converting all our code to use filesystem v3.
> Everything worked fine on Windows, but when I tried to compile on Linux and
> Mac, I get link errors with gcc.  I have set my compiler flags to
> -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=3 and everything compiles fine.
>
> All the link errors come from filesystem3:

> Am I supposed to compile boost with a different setting to use filesystem
> v3?  I didn't do anything special on windows.  When I attempt to build boost
> on Mac/Linux with -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=3, the boost build fails with
> errors about BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION != 2.

Other than defining BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION as 3, you shouldn't have
to do anything special.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wit's end!

Let's concentrate on Linux rather than the Mac, since I've got Ubuntu
running under VirtualBox here.

First, some basics:

* What version of GCC are you running?

* Are you running Boost 1.44 or svn trunk?

* How are you building? Are you using bjam?

* If you cd to libs/filesystem/test, and run "bjam" (without any
arguments), what happens?

--Beman