Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] Link errors on Linux/MacOS with v3
From: cheesy4poofs (cheesy4poofs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-21 10:21:24

>>... ?When I attempt to build boost
>> on Mac/Linux with -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=3 ...
>
>Whoa! That may be the problem.
>
>When you compile your program it needs -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=3,
>but when you compile that boost libraries, you should not define
>anything special.
>
>What does the bjam command you are using for building the boost
>libraries look like?
>
>--Beman

I have discovered the issue. My apologies for wasting your time. My
coworker built boost 1.44 (on Mac/Linux) with the CMake version of boost
builds and the CMake version has a bug in that they don't include the v3
source in the final libraries. Once I modified CMakeLists.txt to add all
the v3 source files for filesystem, everything is linking fine.

BTW, I built boost on windows with bjam, which is why I never encountered
the problem. Thanks again for the help.

--Scott