Subject: Re: [boost] aligned_storage in unions
From: Trigve Siver (trigves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-24 04:52:22

I think u mean 9.2/19:

"A pointer to a standard-layout struct object, suitably converted using a
reinterpret_cast, points to its initial member (or if that member is

a bit-field, then to the unit in which it resides) and vice versa. [ Note: There
might therefore be unnamed padding within a standard-layout

struct object, but not at its beginning, as necessary to achieve appropriate
alignment. =97end note ]"