Subject: Re: [boost] [guidelines] why template errors suck
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-24 20:23:24

On 9/24/2010 6:05 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 9/24/2010 12:00 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
>> This is borderline self-promotion and I fretted posting this. But we a
>> community of advanced C++ library developers and I'd really like
>> feedback about these issues. And they really do involve Boost library
>> development. If we could reach agreement about these techniques, we
>> might want to integrate them into Boost's coding guidelines.
>>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/diddg/expressive_c_why_template_errors_suck_and_what/
>
> Your URL does not say anything. If you have some point, why not just say
> it here.

Sorry, for those not familiar with reddit, it's a site for recommending
and commenting on online articles. What I linked to was the reddit
discussion of the article. At the top of the page was a link to the
article itself. You have to click through that link.

I linked to the reddit discussion so that folks had the option to vote
on the article to promote (or demote) it as they saw fit. Highly voted
articles get more eyeballs.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing