Subject: [boost] [chrono] version 0.6 uploaded
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-26 04:23:20

Hi,

I have uploaded the version 0.6 of Boost.Chrono which includes

New Features:
* Added experimental chrono_io from Howard Hinnant. Provides I/O for duration and time_point. Builds on <boost/ratio/ratio_io.hpp> to provide readable and flexible formatting and parsing for types in <boost/chrono.hpp>. The duration unit names can be customized through a new facet: duration_punct.

Fixes:
* Fix duration values min implementation.

Test:
* Adapted a lot of tests from libc++/chrono making the lib much more robust.

Getting the library. You can get more information from http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/LibrariesUnderConstruction#Boost.Chrono

Is designed to be generic and useful in a lot of areas of C++ programming, in particular it is absolutely needed to adapt Boost.Thread to the forthcomming C++0x recomendation and the to be review Boost Stopwatches library.

The Beman's initial version contained some additional classes to measure and report the elapsed time. These classes are included yet in the package, but have been deprecated. The usefulness of these features has been the motivartion of Boost.Stopwatches, which provide similar facilities in a generic and integrated way.

Best regards,

Vicente Juan Botet Escribá
http://viboes.blogspot.com/