Subject: Re: [boost] [guidelines] why template errors suck
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-27 09:51:29

> > > I was never convinced that valid expressions are the wrong
> > > approach.
>
> > To convince yourself:
> >
> > * Write down the find_if algorithm in a natural way
> > * write down the valid expressions implied by that algorithm
> > * now re-check the algorithm against the valid expressions
>
> So, no takers? :-)

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem. Surely, you can use the
Concept_check library to describe constraints for the find_if algorithm, and
the Concept_check library internally validates those constraints against
expressions expected to be valid. To me, that would imply that valid
expressions can be used to describe constraints.

Am I missing something?

Andrew Sutton