Subject: Re: [boost] [guidelines] why template errors suck
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-09-28 12:29:16

Robert Ramey escribió:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>> recall a conversation on this list where someone (named Sebastian?)
>> successfully, and impressively, described a semantic relationship
>> required between the load/save operations of a read/write archive
>> pair.
>>

> After many years, that little episode sticks in my mind. I think it
> was Joaquin though. Actually it was the very episode that
> convinced me that the quest for some sort of semantic formality
> was destined to be a dead end which ultimate relied on
> some sort of shared intuitive understanding of what a sentence
> means. So I concluded one would just as well avoid the attempt
> with no real loss.

For our readers' reference, the original proposal is:

I still think that the approach suggested there is basically sound (some
details are
missing) and solves all the fuziness around serialization concepts, but alas
I didn't manage to get traction with it.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo