Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Formal Review: Boost.Ratio
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-05 05:42:56

He has
> posted a message on the Boost Developers mailing list regarding the
license
> requirements for tests (See
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/208978), and is
awaiting
> the outcome of that discussion before making the tests available.

If we decide we can't include the LLVM licensed tests,
I think a small subset of tests will suffice - since we have the knowledge
that it has been tested
using non-Boost licensable test code. Anyone who really cares about more
tests can get them
and use them if their legal advisers permit.

(I find the idea that seeing the LLVM code would make a work 'derivative'
more than a bit far-fetched).

> Here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
> - What is your evaluation of the design?
FWIW, I see no snags.

Seem mature.

OK, but needs proof reading by a non-author. Too many typos!

> - What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
A 'must have' building block, and asap.

> - Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
problems?
No.

> - How much effort did you put into your evaluation?
 A quick re-reading

> - Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Not much.

> - Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
Yes.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,