Subject: [boost] [Proto] Fw:[Spirit-general] Patch for compiling Karma without RTTI
From: Bryce Lelbach (admin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-08 00:07:31

Forwarding from the spirit-general mailing list.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 12:01:55 +0800
From: Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]>
To: spirit-general_at_[hidden]

On 10/8/2010 10:34 AM, Bryce Lelbach wrote:

> 0x0.) There's a workaround header for compilers without
> typeinfo/typeid in boost/detail/sp_typeinfo.hpp. It has a few macros
> that uses real typeid/typeinfo if it exists, and the workaround if
> not. The workaround was broken on GCC 4.5.1 and clang (rebuilt daily
> from upstream trunk). I fixed the problem (static initialization
> jazz).
>
> 0x1.) Spirit's hold_any uses typeinfo/typeid. I changed it to use
> the aforementioned macros.
>
> 0x2.) Some debugging stuff in one proto file used RTTI. I changed
> it to use the aforementioned macros.
>
> I haven't had a need for Qi/Lex yet. I'm currently putting the
> finishing touches on the ariel driver. My intention is to use Qi for
> my lightweight command line parsing needs, because it will be less
> painful than spending half an hour browsing through LLVM doxygen to
> figure out how their cl parser works. So, there might be another one
> of these patches in the morning.
>
> Patch was generated via svn diff from the top of my local copy of the
> Boost trunk (on Debian GNU/Linux).

I suggest sending an email to the Boost mailing list non-spirit
related patches (and accompanying explanations). We don't have control
over those parts (e.g. proto and boost/detail/sp_typeinfo.hpp)

Regards,
- --
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com
http://spirit.sf.net

standards for HTML5, CSS3, SVG 1.1, ECMAScript5, and DOM L2 & L3.
Spend less time writing and rewriting code and more time creating great
http://p.sf.net/sfu/beautyoftheweb