Subject: Re: [boost] construe_cast, call for interest and feedback
From: Jeroen Habraken (vexocide_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-09 11:26:33

On 9 October 2010 14:50, Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 09/10/2010 13:42, PB wrote:
>
>> Rather than introducing another casting method, could lexical_cast be
>> reworked internally to build upon Spirit? That way previous
>> investments in lexical_cast will just work faster with no changes,
>> Also, I won't need to stop and think which one I should be using.
>
> The problem is that lexical_cast is a bit different since it takes into
> account C++ locales.

Yes, this was bound to be brought up. There is no way I can implement
them, not in the short run anyways, yet I don't believe this to be a
major problem as locales are slow. The library is designed to be
extensible and if you want numbers to be formatted in a specific way,
this should be possible.

Jeroen