Subject: Re: [boost] Accelerating algorithms with SIMD - Segmented iterators and alternatives
From: Manjunath Kudlur (keveman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-12 14:32:49

> More on that, I'm eager to know how dynamically geenrating code (in a string
> ? in a file ? as soem bytecode array ?) THEN
> running a compiler then executing the resulting binary can beat statically
> compiled code dealing with vector register.
>
> Explain this to me and I convert my self.

I looked at Intel's array building blocks and tried to understand how
they were doing JIT. More here :
http://nonchalantlytyped.net/blog/2010/09/26/deconstructing-intels-array-building-blocks/
Basically, they use a mix of operator overloading and some cleverly
named macros to make C++ statements "generate" abstract syntax trees
at run time, then JIT it to SSE supported by thread building blocks.

Manjunath