Subject: Re: [boost] Accelerating algorithms with SIMD - Segmented iterators and alternatives
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-13 10:52:47

On 13/10/10 12:18, Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> Since those could be different segments, you wouldn't need to check
> which segment you are in at each iteration.
> Actually, all local iterators for a a segmented iterator must be the
> same for all segments, but since a local iterator can be a segmented
> iterator itself, it can also have a local iterator which can be
> different. By recursion, you can therefore use different iterator types
> for each segment, but that's somewhat convoluted.

That's wrong actually. Since all the local iterators are the same, then
their local iterators must be the same too.

So segmented iterators wouldn't help to only check for alignment once it
has been reached I think. I would have to properly try to implement one,
but it's not particularly practical to do.

Anyway, my belief is that my alternative to segmented iterators is more
interesting.