Subject: Re: [boost] Phoenix as a Boost library
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-14 10:02:31

PB wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:

>>> Thomas Heller completed the Proto port last July. Now the next
>>> step is to have a mini-review. Then, Boost integration, IFF it
>>> passes the mini-review.
>>
>> Thanks ! I am sure I am not the only one looking forward to seeing it as
>> a library of its own, and using it, if it passes the mini-review.
>
> Me too! There's something holding me back conceptually using Phoenix
> in contexts where no Spirit parsing is actually taking place.

Is it just because you need to include header from a spirit subdirectory?

If you just want to use phoenix, use it! There is nothing wrong with phoenix
v2. Once v3 got accepted, the only thing you need to change is the include
directive (plus some little nifty detail: return type calculation protocol
for function changed).