Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45][website] binary serialization fubar, website needs updating (was: Beta next week?)
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-15 14:03:48

Bryce Lelbach wrote:

> I have some free time today, so I will start working on a patch for
> this. I've given this particular problem consideration in the past
> and I'm pretty confident that I can have a fix done today or tomorrow.

For now, please don't spend time on this. If it were a simple fix it would
have been done already. Everyone who has looked at this so far
(including myself) has failed to consider one or other aspect of this
situation
and this has actually made things worse. I will make another pass at this
so
everyone please by patient.

> I have already wrote one (semi-extensive) patch for Serialization
> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/208082) which has
> been signed off on by Ramey but has still not been applied because my
> requests for SVN access have gone unanswered. So, before I do any
> work on fixing this I would like some assurance that the time and
> effort I invest will not go to waste.

Bryce has re-implemented the xml_loader in terms of the the
current version of spirit. This is something that people have asked
for and he has stepped up and done it. He has coordinated with me
and has run all the serialization tests with his new code on his own
machine. I've endorsed trunk access privileges for him (weeks ago)
but as far as I know nothing has happened. I would have hoped to see his
code tested in the test matrix by now.

This is orthongonal to the current more urgent problem, but
interesting in any case.

Robert Ramey
.