Subject: Re: [boost] boost.foreach overhead
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-18 05:45:53

Kai Schroeder wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> OvermindDL1 wrote:

>> > Ditto, but even if it did I could setup a debugging filter in it to
>> > ignore the extra steps in the VS debugger, can you not do that in GDB?
>>
>> Suprise -- no, you cannot.
>>

> As GDB is completely scriptable you can of course do that
> http://tromey.com/blog/?p=522

That blog post is not actually implementing step filters, for all I
can tell.

Of course, given that GDB is (i) computer program and (ii) open-source,
you can do pretty much anything, even without Python scripting, however
just because it's theoretically possible, this is not something that
average GDB user would even try.

- Volodya