Subject: Re: [boost] [system][chrono] header-only libs
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-18 06:05:41

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:37 AM, vicente.botet <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have reached to make Boost.System and Boost.Chrono header_only libs. The user needs to define BOOST_SYSTEM_INLINED and BOOST_CHRONO_INLINED respectively, but maybe a better name could be BOOST_SYSTEM_HEADER_ONLY and BOOST_CHRONO_HEADER_ONLY.
>
> You can see them in the sandbox http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/boost/system/
> and http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/libs/system/

Sweet! As you may or may not know, cpp-netlib is currently dependent
on Boost.Asio and thus Boost.System -- and it's a pain that
Boost.System is not header-only. With this I definitely think
cpp-netlib can really be used as a header-only library even with the
dependencies in place.

> With this little change every thing works now. I guess it is too late to merge these changes on the release branch, but at least the chage in the cygwin condition should be worth.
>
> Anyway, please let me know if this is the correct way to go and if this windows files could be incorporated in Boost.

I look forward to being able to test this on trunk and maybe have it
in Boost 1.45 as well.

Thanks for the effort Vicente! This is definitely appreciated by the
likes of me who like header-only libraries.

--
Dean Michael Berris
deanberris.com