Subject: [boost] Does boost support ccache?
From: Alexander Churanov (alexanderchuranov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-18 06:55:34

Folks,

I've encountered an issue: boost libraries fail to build under ccache.
The questions are:

1) Are boost libraries and ccache compatible?
2) If not, should I file a new bug?

One of users contacted me and reported failure to build boost
libraries version 1.43 on FreeBSD 7.3 (GCC 4.2.1). There were,
however, no failures on the FreeBSD ports build cluster. Quick
comparison of logs revealed that build cluster does not use ccache -
compilation cache tool for C++ and other languages. Removing ccache
from the toolchain fixed the issue, so it is an acceptable workaround.

The logs are available here:
http://alexanderchuranov.com/boost-issues/ccahe-freebsd-7-boost-1.43/
The original filed issue is here:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/151454
The patches for boost-libs port are here:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/boost-libs/files/

Alexander Churanov,
maintainer of devel/boost-* ports for FreeBSD